This takes the form of a series of reflective answers and multiple choice questions, completed online, which the student will be required to submit to ColorfulCE for marking. This course takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete.
On successful completion of the Gold level, students will become an official CertCSR.
Bereavement and Condolences
- Knowledge of the 5 core human emotions.
- Define and understand the different stages and types of grief.
- Awareness of the process of euthanazia in detail and possible complications that may occur during euthanazia.
- Understand the steps involved in the euthanazia consult.
- Understand the human animal bond and owner-pet relationships and be able to support bereaved clients.
- How to look after yourself whilst supporting grieving clients.
Information and Communication Technology
- Demonstrate the ability to use different methods of information technology.
- Understand how different methods of information technology can be used to communicate effectively.
- Apply communication and information technology in day-to-day practice.
- Understand the basic principles of information and communication technology to ensure a prompt, polite, purposeful client experience.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Define mental health and wellbeing; what causes it and what damages it.
- Recognize the importance of mental health and wellbeing as a veterinary receptionist.
- Understand why, when, and where it can become compromised as a veterinary receptionist.
- Understand the spectrum of mental health and how to manage it.
- Recognize the differences between resilience and positive mental health, and vulnerability and negative mental health.
Managing Challenging Situations
- Demonstrate the application of skills learnt in Bronze and Silver levels of the Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award to cope and adapt when things don’t go to plan.
- Understand and anticipate why clients may react and recognize the emotions that are the most likely triggers to these client reactions.
- Define appropriate responses to the typical emotions that clients may demonstrate.
- Understand what options, actions or behaviors would be unethical, illegal or unprofessional in any given situation. Furthermore, be able to explain why they would be inappropriate.
- Communicate with emotional intelligence and in an ethical manner.
On completion of all three levels of Colorful CE's CertCSR award, why not consider some of Colorful CE's other courses which you can browse via the courses section within your dashboard.
What Our Clients Say
I feel so great having completed the CertCSR programme. My confidence levels have grown, clients have noticed my increased knowledge and my co-workers respect the CSR role a lot more than they did before. I particularly enjoyed the bereavement section of the Gold level as it was a topic I am passionate about and want to give the best possible experience to our clients when it comes to the euthanazia of their furry friend – I can confidently say this will happen now I've taken this course. Thank you Colorful CE!